This document sets out the purposes and principles of the processing of personal data of persons participating in or involved in the implementation of the Investigative Journalism Programme (hereinafter: the Programme), including their entitlements, and the principles of processing of data that are not personal data of www.dziennikarstwosledcze.pl website users (cookies).
Administrator of Users' personal data
The administrator of the personal data provided is Gazeta Wyborcza Foundation with its registered office in Warsaw (00-732) at 8/10 Czerska Street, entered into the register of associations, other social and professional organisations, foundations and public health care centres of the National Court Register under KRS number: 760539, hereinafter referred to as the Administrator.
Contact: tel. 694 401 246, e-mail: email@example.com.
Scope of personal data processing by the Administrator
The administrator shall process personal data of:
- grant applicants,
- persons participating in the Programme (hereinafter referred to as Participants),
- members of the Committee of Experts and the Jury,
- persons involved in the development of materials created in the framework of the Programme.
When submitting an application for a grant, the applicant shall provide the Administrator with the following personal data:
- name and surname,
- e-mail address,
- telephone number,
- place of work.
When an application is submitted by an editorial department, the above personal data of persons acting on behalf of the editorial department shall be processed.
In addition to the personal data indicated above, the following personal data will be processed for Participants:
- PESEL number,
- residential address,
- bank account number.
The Administrator shall process the following personal data of the members of the Committee of Experts and the Jury:
- name and surname,
- e-mail address,
- telephone number.
The Administrator will process personal data of persons involved in the implementation of the materials produced under the Programme included in the documents drawn up by the Participants for the purpose of the settlement of the grant.
Purpose of personal data processing by the Administrator
Personal data of applicants and Participants will be processed solely for the purpose of ensuring proper operation of the Programme, in particular the awarding of grants and verification of their use.
Personal data of the Participants in the form of name and surname will be disseminated via www.dziennikarstwosledcze.pl, mass media, social media in order to inform about the course of the Programme, in particular about the grants awarded within the Programme.
Personal data of members of the Committee of Experts and the Jury will be processed only to ensure proper operation of the Programme, in particular in the course of evaluating the grants and to enable the Participants to receive support at the stage of conducting an investigation or creating a journalistic material.
Personal data of persons involved in the production of materials arising from the Programme will be processed solely for the purpose of verifying the use of the grants by the Participants.
Terms of processing of the Users' personal data by the Administrator
- personal data is provided on a voluntary basis, but failure to provide it will prevent you from submitting an application, taking part in the Programme or acting as a member of the Committee of Experts or Jury. The personal data provided will be protected against access by third parties. Personal data will be processed only to the extent necessary for the indicated purpose.
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data is Article 6(1)(b) or (c) of the GDPR, and to the extent that the processing is necessary for the purposes arising from the legitimate interests pursued by the Administrator - Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR.
- Personal data will be shared in particular with service providers (e.g. hosting partners, social media companies, payment service providers, law firms, courier companies, etc.), campaign partners, in particular Agora S.A. and other companies of the Agora S.A. group, and state authorities (e.g. tax offices in connection with tax information). The Administrator reserves the right to disclose selected information concerning the data subject to competent authorities or to third parties who request such information on the basis of appropriate legal grounds and in accordance with the provisions of the law in force.
- In case of violation of the principles of personal data processing, the Administrator shall inform the subject of the event immediately upon discovery of the violation.
- In case of transfer of personal data, these data will be protected during the transmission through a public network by cryptographic protection measures.
Duration of processing of personal data by the Administrator
- Personal data will only be processed for as long as is necessary, which means:
- a) in the case of Applicants - 3 months from the date of the conclusion of the Programme round in which the application was considered;
- b) in the case of Participants - 3 years from the moment of publication of the material as a result of a grant under the Programme, with the reservation that the names and surnames of the Participants will be processed throughout the duration of the Programme and, in the event of a dispute regarding the use of the grant, until such a dispute is finally resolved;
- c) in the case of members of the Committee of Experts and the Jury - for the entire duration of the Programme;
- d) in the case of persons involved in the production of materials created as part of the Programme - until the settlement of the grant awarded to the Participants and, in the event of a dispute over the use of the grant - until the final conclusion of such a dispute.
- To the extent that the basis for the processing of personal data is an obligation arising from the provisions of law, personal data will be stored for the period required by law, in particular for the period indicated in tax regulations, accounting regulations, regulations on preventing money laundering and the financing of terrorism, as well as regulations concerning the responsibility of the Administrator towards the person whose data are processed. In this case, the termination of the processing of personal data will take place within 1 month starting from the first day of the year following the cessation of the reasons for which the personal data are processed.
Protection of personal data processed
- The Administrator shall make every effort to protect personal data against unauthorised access by third parties and in this respect shall apply appropriate organisational and technical security measures. The set of collected personal data is stored on a server that is protected both against unwanted remote (IT) access and physical access. The controller shall ensure the application of measures required by law to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability of personal data and resilience of the systems used for their processing.
- All persons to whom the Administrator entrusts the processing of personal data have appropriate authorisations issued by the Administrator in accordance with the applicable laws.
Rights of persons whose personal data are being processed
- Individuals whose personal data is being processed have the right to access their personal data, correct, delete or restrict processing, as well as the right to object to further processing and to portability of their data. Any statements in this regard should be submitted via e-mail to the address indicated above. The Administrator shall comply with such requests without delay, provided that their fulfilment does not contradict the generally applicable provisions of law or the purpose of personal data processing.
- Individuals whose personal data is processed have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, 2 Stawki Street, 00-193 Warszawa.